These recipes are so simple that I am almost embarresed to put them up here. But I figure everyone is looking for recipes like these so I wanted to share them. Very few ingredients, fast and simple!
Raspberry Smoothie
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1 medium banana
goat's milk yogurt (maybe about 1/3 cup?)
vanilla soy milk (maybe about 1 cup?)
wheat germ (just dumped some in, maybe 1 tablespoon)
crushed ice (about 1 cup as well)
drizzle of honey
I blended it all up in the blender and the kids love it. It would also make great popsicles if you leave out the ice and just freeze the puree. I have also read that you can throw in fresh spinach and you won't be able to taste it. I didn't have any on hand but will try it next time. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy a healthy and simple snack idea for kids during the hot summer months. I froze the rest of the raspberries to make this again whenever it is requested. Yummmmmmmy! This recipe is so versatile that you can use just about any fruit you want in it. Sometimes we use strawberries or blueberries, or just bananas if we don't have any type of berry.
*Just a note, if you use frozen berries you don't need to add much ice at all.
"Mexican Pizza" AKA Black Bean Quesadillas
white or whole wheat flour tortillas
1 can organic black beans
goat's milk mozzarella
tomatoes
avocados
canola oil
I used a small bit of canola oil in a large skillet and placed one tortilla in the oil until it was heated. Then I flipped it over and put a few spoons of black beans straight from the can and shredded goat's milk mozzarella on top of that. Then I topped it with another tortilla and flipped the whole thing over. I cooked that side until the cheese was melted, not very long at all. Then I cut with a pizza cutter into 4 quarters, gave each girl 2 pieces, and topped with chopped tomato and avocado. The girls loved it so much that Page asked if we could have it for dinner too. This is a great way to get my girls to eat black beans, which I happen to love, and a way to have a great vegetarian meal for the family! I called it Mexican pizza because Page takes Spanish class and will try anything if I say it is from Mexico, lol! Again, this is so versatile. You can use cheese with onions and bell peppers or spinach or left over chicken or steak. To make it into a dinner, some spanich rice and corn would be cheap and simple options.
If you all like these, I would be happy to post some more of my allergy friendly recipes that we like to serve around here.
2 months ago





2 comments:
mmmm! simple is great! And those sound great! thanks!
Kerri, thanks for the great idea! We made the quesadillas for dinner tonight and they were a hit. I varied it a little by mixing chopped tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and salt with the beans and then put the mix in the tortillas. Turned out very yummy and super easy!
I can always use fresh ideas for simple, yummy dinners.
Post a Comment