2 months ago
Friday, June 27, 2008
I'm So Proud
Page has been begging to go back into gymnastics for the past year. I called to get the girls signed up for the summer and the facility said that they test any children who have already done some gymnastics to determine which class they would go to. Emma has never had a gymnastics class so we signed her up for the 3-4 year old beginner class. Page went in for her test today and the results shocked me even though I knew my baby was strong and did have some natural ability. She went in with the instructor and was gone for about 30 minutes. There was a huge glass wall to watch at, but with Emma and Liam running around it was hard to see much. Anyway, the instructor came out and said that she was very strong and that although her skill set was not advanced, her strength was so good that she believed she would do well in the 4-6 year old advanced gymnastics class. She said that skills can easily be learned, but that kind of strength is hard to come by! It is so funny to hear other people say things that you think about your child, but never really know if you are just biased or not. I was a little more excited than I thought I would be, and sooooo proud of her. (I was in gymnastics for most of my life too.) Even when we got home all she wanted to do was practice what she learned from her teacher today. I am curious to see how Emma likes it. She really loved dance and did very well with ballet, but wanted to do gymnastics with Page this summer so I agreed to sign her up. Classes start next week. I will try to get some pictures at the next class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment