Friday, June 13, 2008

Getting Ready For The Big Day



We were so busy this morning trying to get everything ready for Liam's first birthday party this weekend. I spent 5 hours out of the house with all three kids by myself. (If I were not pregnant I would be having a glass of wine right now!) It was crazy to say the least. I try to limit my time outside of the house to 2 hours at most with all three kids because it is really all my nerves can take. Today I had no choice. We got Liam's haircut this morning and spent a lot of time at Whole Foods stocking up on goat cheese, goat yogurt, goat butter and goat milk. Alone I could have been in and out in less than 30 minutes. With all three kids it took me almost 2 hours. I am not kidding you. I also found the ingredients I needed to make him a birthday cake and glaze. I have to make my own powdered sugar with granulated sugar and tapioca starch. It should be interesting. Cherry Brook Kitchen has a cake mix that I can use with the goat butter. I am so excited that I found a way to give my baby some cake. I hope he likes it! (Goat butter is seriously expensive!!!!!) Anyway, Liam fell asleep in the van on the way home, he was so tired, and the girls are napping. I am off to get the house ready for our guests this weekend. I will be posting lots of pictures over the next few days. Liam will have his portraits taken tomorrow morning and Sunday he is being dedicated at church and Sunday afternoon is his party. Busy, busy, busy!!!

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Sounds like a very special and exciting one! Can't wiat to see the pictures!

Bridget said...

I hope it's a good weekend... hope you can take some time to enjoy it rather than just work work work! ;) Happy Birthday Liam!

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Liam!!! Kerri, we will miss you guys tonight at CG!

Gina Ferrara said...

You are pregnant?! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!