Sunday, July 08, 2007

Liam's First Bath


Liam turned 3 weeks old today and finally got his first bath. He had been having some bleeding from his umbilical cord so we have been holding off to make sure it was completely healed. He liked it so much more than his sponge baths. He also graduated to size 1 diapers today. He is getting so big!
Things have been pretty crazy around here, as you might expect. I was so thankful for the 4th of July because Will was home on Wednesday. It was a hard first week home alone with all 3 kids and nothing but rain outside. We managed to get through it, but not very gracefully. He was awake eating while the girls napped so I didn't get any type of break during the day and he cried anywhere from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. several nights in a row. giving me about 1.5 hours of sleep 3 days in a row. But, God really gave me the strength to get through it much better than I had anticipated.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW. I honestly don't know if I could handle 3 babies/toddlers at one time. You are amazing! Make sure you rest as much as possible.

Sherry said...

Wow, Kerri!! I am surprised that you have the dedication to blog through all of this. I truly hope that you get some rest soon.

Adrienne said...

He's so adorable! I hope you get more rest soon.

Curdie said...

I'm praying for you!

Bridget said...

I'm impressed you have time to blog too! ;) Liam looks adorable in his bath! Did he tolerate it better than the sponge baths? Looks pretty content!

Angelle Lowery said...

We were so excited when Andrew was able to take his first bath, too. You are amazing... hope you start getting more sleep soon!