We are excited to announce the upcoming arrival of our first son! We are so excited to be having a boy and for the girls to have a baby brother. We are going to call him Liam, but his full name will be William LeGrand Steele IV. I know it is a little much, but since I got to name the girls Will gets to name his son. I will be having ultrasound monthly now to make sure that he is growing well and that no more blood clots develop. I also have marginal placenta previa so they will be watching that as well.
I do have to tell you that we almost didn't make it to the appointment this morning. I went out to dinner with a friend last night and came home a little later than expected. I fell asleep around midnight only to be woken up at 1:00 a.m. by Page screaming her head off. I ran to her room to find a pool of vomit in her bed, in her hair, on her pillows, etc. While I was trying to calm her down and wake up Will to come calm Emma down who was also crying she started up again. I was covered and she was just disgusting at this point. Will finally heard the screams and joined us in the girl's bedroom. I took Page to my bathroom to clean her up while Will tried to put Emma back to sleep. After a bath and hair washing Page climbed into my bed with Will while I attempted to get Emma back to sleep and strip Page's bed. Page threw up again, in my bed this time and Emma wanted nothing to do with sleep at this point. So exhausted and frustrated I brought Emma into my room so that Will could watch the girls while I cleaned Page's bed and my bed. I threw sheets and a pillow in the washer and went to get myself cleaned up. The girls were playing and laughing when the hose to the washer burst off and flooded the utility room and hallway with scorching hot water. We got as much cleaned up as we could and decided to try to get the girls back to sleep. At 4:00 with no success on the sleeping the power went out. A transformer blew and we had no way to wash the filthy sheets or the soaking wet towels pooling in our garage. Finally at 5:30 Emma went to sleep and Page threw up again. At this point I was just laughing at how ridiculous the whole thing was. 6:00 we all fell asleep only to be woken up by Page at 7:00 to let us know it was day time and she was ready for breakfast. I managed to stay in bed for another 30 minutes, but had to get up to deal with the laundry and getting the kids ready for the doctor's appointment. We left almost 20 minutes after we were supposed to but managed to get there in just the knick of time to wait another 30 minutes to be seen.
Page is now sleeping and I am off to try to put Emma down while Will packs for his weekend getaway. But this terrible night was put behind us when we saw our little boy rolling around and sucking his thumb, something the girls never did.
2 months ago





5 comments:
I'm so happy that you are having a boy! I can somewhat identify with your desire to give the girls a little brother. My sister has three girls and just had a little (well, actually big) boy this past August. I say big because he was 8 lbs. 1 oz, and 5 weeks early. His presence has definitely changed the dynamics of the house.
YEAH!!! A BOY!!!! That's great! What a crazy night. I hope Page feels better soon and all of you get some rest tonight. Congrats! Oh, and I love the name Liam!
Congratulations, Kerri and Will!! That is wonderful. I know how much you were hoping to have a little boy :) I am so happy for you!
That story just made me laugh because I can understand how you get to the point of just laughing. Hope you guys had a better night tonight!
Congrats, again!!! Can't wait to see pictures of LIAM!!
YEAH CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so great that ya'll are having a boy this time!! I LOVE the name Liam!
WOW what a night you had...Hope you had a better one last night!
Yea! Congratulations!!! It's so exciting for you all!
I hope Page is better and you all recovered from that night. That was crazy!
Post a Comment