Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Roseola

We discovered a rash on Emma tonight while giving her a bath. It practically covered her entire torso by the time she was done. Page had Roseola as a baby and we are thinking that Emma has it too. She had a pretty high fever last week and none this week and the rash came out of nowhere! All you nurses out there please post your thoughts. We will probably bring her in to the doctor tomorrow, but I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks, If she weren't sleeping I would give you a picture to look at. I'll post one in the morning.
Don't forget to vote!
Click here to vote for Emma.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Here is a website with info on Roseola... http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.html
... you probably already know all of this if Page had it, but it's good for other moms to read as well and gives a pic of the rash. It is caused by a virus, so it's pretty much a sit and wait it out thing... unless she stops eating, fever doesn't come down with Tylenol or Ibuprofen, she has a febrile seizure, or she becomes lethargic, if that happens call bring her in to her pedi.
So sorry she's got this! It must stink for her (and you).
Good Luck!

Sherry said...

You are probably right if Page had it. I agree - Ibuprofen for fever - tylenol does NOTHING for high fevers! Good luck and I hope it clears up soon!