2 months ago
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Innocent Comment
Page and Emma were playing in the living room while I was in the kitchen doing dishes. I heard Page exclaim "Emma, oh my God!" I rushed into the living room and found Emma with a puddle of water in front of her. She had gotten a cup of water and brought it into the living room. I pulled Page aside and explained to her that God is holy and that His name is holy too. I told her to never use God's name like that again. I tried to explain that it is using His name in a casual way and that we do not do that in this house. I gave her alternatives to use when she felt the urge. Fast forward one day and we are driving in the van. I hear Page exclaim "Holy God, Emma; Holy God!" I pulled over to stop and turned around to face her. I was so upset by her calling God's name like that again. She looked at me with pure innocence and said, "but I called Him holy, momma." It was the sweetest most innocent comment. She got that God is holy and that we should refer to Him as such. She just missed the casual part of the lesson. So we talked about it some more and I haven't heard her use His name like that again. I hope she got it this time around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
It's so amazing how they understand in their own way.
That's a cute story!
We're going through that with Libby right now. She must have heard Ad say it or something? But she will say it, so I just repeat, "oh my goodness." and get her to repeat that.... I try to explain, but you know... she's 2. She'll get it. ;)
dont you just love the things our kids bring to us! hang in there...
i have to admit i got a little chuckle, ok a big chuckle.
oh, to be that innocent again! that is a cute story.
That's so sweet! By the way, your bathroom came out great.
Post a Comment