Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting Ready For Disney !



Well, Page is anyway. Will's parents are taking her to Disney World next week. She leaves on Saturday morning and won't get back until Wednesday night. This will be the first time she has been away from home without me or Will. Last year her older cousin, Louis, went and this year she will go. Next year will be either Giac or Emma depending on Giac's health status. (Some of you may remember he has a heart condition.) She has already told me that she is going to miss me and Emma. She told me that she was going to cry every night because I wouldn't be there with her. Talk about breaking my heart :( But I know that she will have a blast and that she will talk about it for years to come. (She has a really great memory!)

Emma is having some trouble dealing with it. She keeps asking me if I will take her since she can't go with Poppy and Nonna. She wants to pack a bag and tell her friends that she is going. Poor baby is heartbroken and I can't imagine it will get any better once she actually leaves. These two girls do everything together all day long. Emma won't sleep unless Page is in the room with her. They have become such great friends and playmates, that I don't know what I am going to do with Emma while Page is gone.

It is going to be a long 5 days without my big girl! We will all miss her so much. I am praying that she will be having too much fun to miss us as much as we are going to miss her. Okay, I am crying now! I need to go clean up the house before we leave for gymnastics this afternoon. I will post some recent pictures later this week.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

She will have such a great time! I hope Emma does ok while she's gone (and mommy too).

Bridget said...

Oh! That is tough! But it is nice to have their own special me and Nonna/Poppy time too. Just hard to explain to a 3 yr old. =( Poor baby! I'll be thinking of you this weekend. I don't think I'd let Libby go... that sounds awful! But I don't think I could do it. lol. Pathetic, huh?

Melissa said...

Yay for Page! Poor Emma! Maybe we can get together some while Page is gone. I told Joel someone was coming over the other day and his first guess was Page and Emma.

NIKKI said...

What an awesome trip with Nonny and poppy! Emma will be ok..she will gets tons of mommy attention all to herself! :) I know that would be TOUGH for my girls!