Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Dresses






What to do when you get too many dresses for two girls to wear in one day? Change their clothes often! My parents and Will's parents both sent Christmas dresses for the girls. Luckily our church had regular services this morning and then a candlelight service tonight. I was able to dress the girls up this morning in the dresses from Nonna and Poppy, the sleeveless dresses. And then dress them up this evening in the dresses from Maw Maw and Paw Paw, the blue velvet for Page and the plaid dress for Emma. Emma's velvet dress did not fit, it was a lot too big, but it will definitely work for next year. Thanks to the grandparents for the beautiful dresses, our girls were the best dressed princesses there. Now to get Emma and Page to take pictures today we had to bribe them with marshmallows. Still no great pictures with both of them together, but at least we got a few pictures.
On a side note, Page had some very funny things to say tonight. Page was playing with some peppermints while I cooked dinner. She asked me if she could open a peppermint. I said no and she said "oops, just smile and wave." This is from Madagascar in case none of you have seen it. The penguin leader says this to the group of penguins when they get caught doing something. It is so scary that Page understands what that means! The other thing she said was when she was talking about her milk. We were in the van driving to church tonight when she said "that's cracka-lackin." Yet another quote from Madagascar. She has definitely seen this movie too many times!

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

AWWW too sweet. They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL girls!! Merry Christmas

I bought wayyy to many christmas holiday outfits. Their teachers lauched at me at school when every day for the whole month they pratically came in a new outfit.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love those dresses!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! The girls look beautiful in their Christmas dresses.
I understand what you mean about too many Christmas dresses....I bought 2 for Taylor and then she got 2 as gifts over the past couple of weeks. Luckily we have 4 Christmas events to attend so she will be able to wear all of them!

Sherry said...

Those dresses are precious and so are the girls! They are always so happy. I am sure that you will get use out of Emma's dress next year! Those dresses never go out of style!

That is really funny about Page using those phrases. Don't they amaze you at how much they absorb?!