Monday, August 14, 2006

We Are Home Again






We had a wonderful vacation visiting with family and friends. We left Friday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. and arrived in Mississippi around 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning. It was a long hard drive with the kids. We had one dinner stop, 2 potty stops because Page refused to go in her training pants, and one gas stop. It was almost 10:00 before the girls finally gave up and went to sleep. We stopped for gas at 11:30 and that woke them up again. Page did not go back to sleep and it took a while for Emma to fall back to sleep. When we arrived at the farm they were so excited that it took another hour to get them down. I bet you are thinking that they slept late, WRONG! They woke up at 6:45 to eat. My children really have appetites that could qualify them for eating competitions. Anyway, we spent Saturday morning riding four wheelers and visiting the cows. The girls took a good nap that afternoon while my mom and I went shopping and when the girls woke up from their nap we went out to dinner for my birthday. Both of my brothers were there and it was so great to see them. Kevin broke out with a case of shingles while we were there and I am hoping that the girls do not come down with chicken pox. The doctor said it would be 2 weeks before symptoms would show up so we will find out on Saturday what happens. The rest of the time at the farm was laid back. We fed the cows and the donkeys 2 times and I even hand fed one of the cows! Page and Emma loved it. One trip to the chicken houses and a trip to the Jackson zoo. We had lots of great food and some much needed down time. I will post pictures from the time at the farm today and post pictures and write about our time in Baton Rouge tomorrow so as not to overwhelm everyone. I took over 200 pictures while we were gone!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

sounds like a fun and exhausting vacation! =) Love the pic of Emma 'driving'! Too cute!

Sherry said...

You guys wore me out just reading that post! Sounds like you had a fun-filled vacation!