Wednesday, August 30, 2006

She Caught Me





Wow, I haven't blogged in a week. I can hardly believe it myself! Well here are some cute pics of Emma. She can reach the buttons on the tv now and she frequently starts pressing buttons and then walks away like I won't know it is her. Well I caught her! Here are the cute pics of my catching her. Page was watching a movie and Emma walked over to the tv and started messing with it. For those of you wanting to know about Emma's latest visit to the allergist I have an update, kind of. Her test results from the blood draw indicated that there is no allergy to milk, soy, chickpea or sesame. She has allergic reactions every time she has milk and soy and hummus (chickpea and sesame) so I was really confused as to how the tests came back negative. Thanks to Sherry I called back and asked for skin testing to be done in addition to the blood work. Sherry told me that in some people the blood can be negative and the skin positive and vice versa. So on September 11 we are having skin tests. If those are also negative we will go see a GI specialist to try to get some answers. Thanks Sherry for your advice and support. I will keep you guys updated.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

cute catch!
good luck with the skin testing... that has to be rough... poor baby.

Sherry said...

Watch out! Here she comes! Gavin used to take off the child proof locks and then smile at us!

Keep me updated - I am glad that they decided to go with the skin testing. What are you going to do about the axid?

steele family said...

the dr. said she only had to be off of it that morning. so she would only miss one dose. does that sound fishy? i also had to talk her into doing the skin testing, it took me 3 phone calls before she would agree to it. AND i have to bring all of my own stuff to do the tests with.

NIKKI said...

I had to get the covers to cover the buttons bc they were OBSESSED with the tv!!!

Hope the skin testing goes ok!!

Adrienne said...

I love the look on her face, she's so cute!
Good Luck with the allergy testing.

Sherry said...

You usually have to be off antihistamines 3 days before but Axid is probably ok to be off of just for one day. You can give it to her after the testing.

What do you mean you have to bring all the stuff for testing?! We use diluted extracts that are prepared by a company for the testing. What is she doing? We use a little plastic pricker that puts the extract right under the skin and then we read it in aout 15 minutes. What kind of skin testing is she doing?

steele family said...

sherry, i am not sure what kind of skin test she is doing.