2 months ago
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Emergency Room
Today was our first E.R. visit and it wasn't for Emma! This morning we went to Abby's house to play and around 11:00 Page told me that her left hip was hurting. I checked it out and didn't see any redness or any sign of bruising. I figured she had bumped into something and didn't think much more about it. 30 minutes later we were packing up to leave and she starts crying about her stomach hurting. I figured she was just upset about leaving and hungry for lunch. I put her in the car seat and told her we could pick up chicken nuggets on the way home since she was so hungry. She was crying and whining about her tummy and hip hurting. I got her the nuggets and gave her one to eat in the back seat to stop the whining. She took a few nibbles and then grabbed her stomach and tried to bend over in the seat. She started screaming saying that it hurt worse and would not eat any more. By the time we got home and I got her out of her seat to see what was going on she could not even walk. She was screaming and crying. I took her to the bathroom to see if she had to poop and nothing. I called the doctor and she said to bring her in for 1:15. We got there and the Dr. could not find any digestive sounds in her intestines and thought that with the symptoms and the lack of sound in her intestines she might have Intussusception, which thanks to Sherry I had heard of before. We were sent to the E.R. where we spent all of an hour. The doctor there was wonderful. As he was telling us that there was nothing wrong with her, Page let out a manly fart and told us that she had to poo poo. Once she had a bowel movement she was herself again, running up and down the halls and looking for food. Anyway, we spent a very expensive afternoon so that Page could poop in a hospital bathroom. She was very excited about that fact by the way! I was so scared that something had exploded inside of her the way she was carrying on. I am SO thankful that it was just some gas, but she sure knows how to scare us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Their weird symptoms are scary sometimes! That intussusception deal was NOT fun! He scary the daylights out of me. At least you guys didn't have to do a barium enema - that is horrible for kids. Glad it was just gas!!!!!
So glad it turned out to be a poop and gas bothering her! I'm sure that was a scary afternoon... poor baby!
That is tooooo funny! I know it wasn't for you at the moment...Poor thing...that gas really hurt her!!
Post a Comment