Sunday, June 17, 2007

Nothing much to post...






...other than a new baby boy. Liam was born at 5:40pm today and weighed in at 8 lb. 1 oz. Later we found out he's 20" long. I'll let Kerri tell the long version, but, basically, she went into early labor on Thursday. We went in this morning at 5:30 and they sent us home at 10am. On Friday for her doctor's visit she was 3cm/75%. This morning right before we left, she was 3cm/80-90% effaced. To make thing more interesting, her friend Amy called as we were being discharged and said she had her little boy, Noah, just before. (She was 37 weeks. Congrats Amy and Robbie!! Happy Father's Day to you too.) Anyhow, we came home. I put the girls down for a nap, then took them for a walk to keep the house quiet. Upon returning, I threw them in the tub. Since our bathroom is on one end of the house and theirs is on the other, I couldn't hear Kerri screaming for 20 minutes between contractions. My parents pulled up as I was getting Kerri out of the tub. We handed off the kids and took off. At 5:15 they admitted us. Kerri was 6cm in probably 0 station, but the nurse didn't want to check since the membrane would potentially rupture with pressure. Well, on the very next push, she did...and within roughly five minutes, he was out. So, no medication, other than a sleeping pill they told Kerri to take after we left this morning. (That's another story unto itself.) At any rate, enough of my yammering. Here are the long awaited pictures. Mother and boy are well. The girls LOVE him. Thanks for everyone's help, especially Amanda, Christer and my parents. More details to come...

11 comments:

Sherry said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Happy Father's Day! I am so glad that everyone is doing well. Liam is adorable!!

Bridget said...

CONGRATS!!!! He's beautiful!

Ashley said...

How awesome! So glad he's here. He's beautiful. Congrats!!

-Ashley Smith

gina said...

what a great story!!! you have such a beautiful family. happy father's day :)

Jamie said...

WOW...CONGRATS! He's adorable!

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Congratulations! I love the pics! Can't wait to meet him!

Andi said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world of 3 little blessings!! He's beautiful!!! I'm with you Kerri on the delivery with no meds....but it's all worth it in the end!!

Chrishelle said...

Congratulations!!!

NIKKI said...

AWW He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! What big sisters the girls are!! They look so precious with him!!!

Michele said...

Oh my goodness, what a story.

Congratulations to all of you. The girls look so excited, papa looks proud and momma looks amazing! Liam is so handsome!

Angelle Lowery said...

Congratulations and Happy Father's Day! You have wonderful pictures. Such a lovely family!