Sunday, July 13, 2008

Surgery Or No Surgery?

I wanted to update all of you on what has been going on with me because I really need your prayers. I called my doctor Monday morning to schedule a D&C. It was scheduled for Thursday morning. I made arrangements for babysitting and food for Thursday through the weekend. Well, Monday night things started to happen. I went in on Wednesday to talk to the doctor and she said that I had already started to miscarry on my own and that she thought it would be complete in 2-3 days. I felt so relieved that it was happening naturally and that surgery would not be necessary. She gave me a prescription for the pain and told me to come back in one week. The pain, for me, has been like first stage labor. The contractions hurt and are pretty consistent but you are not quite sure if this is it and it is all in my back.
It is now Sunday, 5 days later, and things still have not progressed much more. The pain has been bad enough that I have been on the pain medication since Friday afternoon, but my body is still holding on this baby. I am praying that this is not an incomplete miscarriage and that I will not have to have surgery next week. I am praying that my body would do what it is supposed to do and that this process would be complete and quickly.
Wondering every day if this is the day is really starting to take it's toll on me and the rest of my family. I have been very grumpy and snappy and I do not do well on pain meds. Things are very hard right now and I ask for your prayers for both me and my family. I am not really sure how long I should let things go like this and if I should go ahead and schedule the surgery again. It is a time of so much doubt and questions that no one can answer for me. The doctor said that it is so different for every woman and she could not tell me what to expect.
Will took the kids to church this morning and I am going to spend some time alone. I got a cup of coffee and my heating pad and I am going to curl back up in my bed and try to do some reading. The quiet of the house is so peaceful and I have longed for a time like this since I found our baby was no longer with us. Thank you for your prayers, I will continue to keep you all updated on what happens next week.

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

Kerri,
Huge huge huge hugs. I've been there. So hard to make that decision. I wish I could come and just take the kids to play for the day! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Cherie said...

I'm still praying for all of you. Sending good vibes your way....

Bridget said...

(((hugs))) I'm glad you got some alone time. I'll be thinking of you this week.

Angelle Lowery said...

Glad to hear you had some quiet time for yourself... we're all still thinking of you and praying for you.