Saturday, April 26, 2008

We Are Adding To Our Family!!

No, I am not pregnant! We were going to go to an animal expo at the Civic Center this morning after ballet class. I did not know, however, that there was an admission fee of $4 per person, cash. I had no cash on me. When I told the girls that we had to go home Page went off the deep end. I practically had to pick her up off the ground she was crying so hard. I couldn't get her to stop sobbing for almost an hour. It was a sad, sad state to see her in. Through tears and sobs she kept saying that all she wanted was a pet to love. It just about tore me apart! I promised her that I would take her to go see some animals after lunch. I was thinking a local animal shelter or a pet store. Will suggested taking a trip to Frisco this afternoon to go see some houses and we ended up at the Pet Smart in Frisco. The girls were not interested in the dogs. They wanted to see the cats. There were two cats in the very back caged together. All three of my children climbed into the cage with the cats and were practically on top of them. The cats LOVED it. I have never seen cats like this before. The volunteer there said that she knew the previous owner of the cats and she had 3 kids between the ages of 2-7. She even had a picture of the 2 year old laying on top of the cat! They loved our kids and our kids loved them so here are Blue and Ben, the newest additions to our family.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

Congrats on your new additions! They are beautiful cats!

Michele said...

Okay 3 children under the age of five was not a big enough challenge for you??? You must be superwoman! :-)

Congrats on the cats!