Friday, April 25, 2008

I Am Home

We were making cup cakes this morning. Emma kept whining for me to pick her up so that she could see me pour the batter into the muffin cups. Here is how the conversation went:
Emma - Pick up me mommy
Me - I can't baby, I only have two arms
Emma - Why?
Me - That is how God made me. Two arms, two hands
Emma - Well, I don't like how He made you, you need more arms
Page - Emma, God already made her, so it's too late
Emma - Why?
Me - That's enough whining; God made me perfect and He made you perfect. If you don't like it talk to Him.
Emma - FINE!

The retreat last weekend was WONDERFUL!!! It was so peaceful and relaxing and refreshing. I had no idea just how badly I needed that until I got there. I was so nervous about leaving the kids, but God gave me so much peace while I was away and it was much easier than I thought it was going to be. It took Liam a few days to not scream his head off whenever I was out of sight and Page has been VERY clingy all week. Emma did fine. She hugged me and told me that she loved me and missed me and that was the end of it.

I am having trouble with my computer and can't find my pictures so I will post tons as soon as I have more time to figure out what is going on.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great! I'm so glad you had a nice time and the kids did good while you were gone.

Michele said...

I'm so glad you had a relaxing retreat and it sounds like the kids did okay, too.

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Emma is so funny! Kate and her are like two peas in a pod. :-)