I decided it was time to tell the kids that I was going to be gone for 3 days. Here is how the conversation went.
Me: Mommy will be going on a retreat for 3 days to spend some time alone with God. Maw Maw is going to come stay with you while I am gone and I will be back before church on Sunday.
Page: But that's not fair! (Starts crying)
Will: Why isn't that fair? Mommy never gets to do anything alone.
Page: Yes she does, she cleans alone and she plays with me alone sometimes. (Still crying)
Mom: God tells us in the Bible that it is very important to spend time with Him and mommy hasn't been very good at doing that lately so I am going to go somewhere so that I can do that. I think it is very important to follow God's instructions so I am going.
Page: But I don't want you to, it's just not fair! I am going to cry the whole time. (Still crying)
Emma: Can I have a snack now?
Things are not looking good for my departure on Friday :(
2 months ago





7 comments:
i hope it gets better for you! have a good weekend.
I bet the kids will love spending time with Maw Maw. Enjoy your time away. You deserve it!
Oh, they sure do know how to tug at your heartstrings! Enjoy the peace that the time away will give you.
I hope it ended up going well!
We had an incredible time this weekend. Will and Maw Maw, thank you so much for holding down the fort so Kerri could join us this weekend. i heard she had a great night sleep on Saturday night!
tammy
Kid's were fine. We did ballet class for Emma, went to the movies on Saturday."Horton Hears a Who".I couldn't wait to see them dance and have wanted to bring them to a show since they were little. Movie was cute. They enjoyed it as much as I did. Babysitting, movies, outings are all things we miss doing with them.We love our "special angels"
Maw Maw
your blog is therapy, laugh therapy!
Post a Comment