Friday, August 10, 2007

Update


We went to the pediatrician this morning and left with a prescription for Levsin. It is given to people with bladder spasms and irritable bowel syndrome. I gave it to him at 12:15 this afternoon and fed him. Well, I tried to feed him. He nursed for 10 minutes on one side and then was passed out cold. I could not wake him up for anything. He then proceeded to sleep until 3:30 at which point I fed him again. This time he stayed awake and then played for about 30 minutes. He started yawning so I rocked him and put him to bed about 4:30 and he has been sleeping ever since; it is now 6:00. I don't want to jump the gun, but this seems like a miracle cure to me! I even got a nap today, hooray! I will keep everyone updated on how Liam is doing, but so far things are great. Thanks so much for all of your prayers. I know it is the only thing keeping me afloat right now.

6 comments:

Melissa Overstreet said...

Hallelujah, prayers answered! I'm so glad you have a good pediatrician in Dallas, and that you and little Liam are finally getting good rest. It's sad to think that he must have been in terrible pain, but I'm glad he's doing better.

Cherie said...

Kerri, I hope this brings both of you some relief. I cannot imagine how exhausting your life must be right now.

Bridget said...

Oh Kerri! I hope you all are getting some rest now! Poor Liam probably needed that so bad! Good luck with the new med!

Anonymous said...

I have now caught up with your life! I hadn't made a visit to your blog in a few weeks. Glad to see that things are getting better for you; i can only imagine! I hope the meds are still working for poor Liam.

Just a few more days for me!

-Lenise

Sherry said...

He looks like he needed to sleep!! That is a great picture. I am so glad for you that the med seems to be working!

Jean Anne said...

I hope this IS the "miracle cure" for you guys! Bless his heart... I hope he's feeling much better now and that you guys are getting some much needed rest, too! :-) Glad to hear the good report