Sunday, August 05, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!






It's my last year in the 20 something age group! I am 29 today and have had a great birthday. Will's parents came in for a visit; they arrived Friday evening. Will and his dad took the girls to the community college to see the fireflies that night. Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market downtown and got some goodies. The pictures are from our time there. The last two pictures are from the ride home, they were so tired from being up so late the night before and then waking up at 5:30 am. I thought for sure they would take a good nap after being in the heat and having so little sleep, but they didn't. So, that afternoon I got a haircut and some time alone. (Not much because I had to go between feedings, but every little bit helps!) Then, that night Will and I went out to eat, without any children, between feedings for Liam. He is eating every 3 hours now so I am able to do things between feedings and it helps so much. This morning the girls slept late and we missed church, so we went to Sam's to get some things. Then home for lunch cake. I can't have milk because of Liam so I got an angel food cake topped with fresh, organic strawberries we got at the market. So yummy! Will's parents headed back to Baton Rouge this afternoon, but we had a great visit. Thanks for everything Nonna and Poppy! (My kids think it is Christmas every time my parents or Will's parents visit.)Will got me a steamer for my birthday. I had asked for one earlier in the year and he remembered. Now I don't have to iron anymore, and that is very exciting! Thanks honey, you have made this such a special birthday.

10 comments:

Curdie said...

Happy Birthday Kerri! I was looking for you at church this morning to wish you a happy one. I think the girls sleeping late was a nice gift :)

Wow, so glad you got some time away. I hope it was refreshing.

You are going to have to demonstrate this steamer thing for me. I've never heard of one.

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday, Kerri!!! Sounds like you had a nice day. I am so glad that you got some time for yourself. Girl, start pumping so you can be away for longer periods of time. Very cool gift. I don't know why people get offended when husbands get them things for around the house. I would love a new vacuum cleaner!

Cherie said...

I remember in college telling Andy that kitchen appliances were for holidays like Mother's Day and that birthday presents should be jewelry and the like. How times have changed! I don't ever wear jewelry anymore, and I would be thrilled to get a steamer!

It sounds like you had a good birhtday. Welcome to the "30" club!

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you had a nice weekend! Some alone time and sleeping in were probably some of the greatest gifts ever! The steamer sounds great! I completely understand... I got a carpet steam cleaner... my request! Funny the things you want when you have little ones. lol. But if it's helpful, it's a NICE gift! ;)
Oh and I love your hair short. And you look great ... don't look like you've had 3 babies. Happy 29!

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Kerri! Missed you at church today but so glad you guys were getting rest. I love going to the Farmer's Market!

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday! Good to hear Liam's feedings are spreading out a little bit now.

The Scotts said...

OOOHHHH What a great CG Leader I am! Happy Late Birthday. I love getting the scoop on the Steele family! I am glad Mr. Liam is holding out a little longer. I am sure you will enjoy your "free" time. Hope to see you Thursday!

NIKKI said...

Happy Birthday (a day late!)
Looks like you had a good one!!!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Kerri! Sounds like you were able to get a little alone time which is nice. I hope you had a great day!

Jean Anne said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Happy Belated! :-)