I haven't been posting because all of our pictures are on a computer that we can not get hooked up to the internet! What a frustration. If Time Warner Cable ever moves to your area let me be the first to recommend satellite television. We are working on getting the Kodak software on Will's computer, but even that is a nightmare and my husband works with computers al day long! So, when that task gets fixed, I have tons of pictures to share.
I have been undergoing some blood tests and have an answer to my recurrent miscarriages, 4 total now. I have a rare blood disorder called PSD. My body is not making enough of Protein S which causes me to develop blood clots. Very small ones but big enough to cause problems for the babies. Some people are asymptomatic but others can start developing problems as early as in utero! I will be seeing a hematologist to discuss this more, but any of you nurses or nurses husbands who happen to be doctors, i.e. Adam, please feel free to tell me what you know. There is very little information out there.
We now have all of the parts to finish Page's princess room! Poppy paintedher room pink while they were visiting and hung some border, but we ran out an have been waiting fo rit to come in. She loves her room so much that she frequently tells us in the morning that different people or animals have come into her room at night to pray with her and to tell her how pretty her princess room is. It is hysterical to hear and see her tell these stories. She uses a lot of hand motions to really elaborate the point. The most common animals are water buffaloes and owls. (The water buffalo comes from a silly song on Veggie Tales, it is not completely random.) Also, everyone that comes to the house is invited by Page into her princess room to see how pretty it is. Upon entering she does some ballerina moves and twirls around until she falls on her bottom. (She only refers to her room as the "princess" room.)
2 months ago





6 comments:
Kerri, I was getting worried about you since you had not posted in a while. Hope you get answers soon.
Hey Kerri! I have a friend in NY who had the same problem. She had 3 miscarriages and with her two completed pregnancies developed blood clots in utero and had bleeding issues. To be honest, I have no idea what they did treatment wise? I know she was taking progesterone early in her last pregnancy and was monitored with u/s weekly, then biweekly and then monthly for most of her last pregnancy. I don't believe they determined what was going on until this last pregnancy. I'll ask her what she knows and will email you.
Sorry that you are going through this. I guess it's good that you are getting answers. Take care!
Hey-
Email me--- I have APS - very similar sitution....I had 3 m/c due to blood clotting before I had the girls. (never really decided which I had but finally diagnowed me with APS>) After that I went onto have the twins. Would be VERY happy to tell you about my treatment etc. dazygirl6@bellsouth.net
Kerri, I am sorry that you have to go through all of this but I am glad for you that you are getting answers. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
hey kerri, i am not familiar with that particular condition but I also had a friend who continually had miscarriages. She did just have a baby in April. They had found that she had a clotting disorder as well. I work with her, and I know that she was monitored very closely with frequent ultrasounds. She was on a medicine called glucophage and also injections of heparin every day. We would give them to her at work all the time. She stayed on all of this until about 36 weeks. I'll be thinking of you.
Kerri
Glad you are getting some answers. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
I got your message last week. My phone has been dropped and thrown too many times and is dead! I accidentally erased your message and do nothave your number in any other place besides stored in the broken phone =(
I do not know much about the subject you asked me about, but will check and see if there is some type of federal law or something since LA is different from TX.
-lenise
Post a Comment