Saturday, November 18, 2006

Major Book Fetish


Okay, the real story.

Two weeks ago I decided to go down to a local computer store to pick up a few titles from the clearance section. While checking out several $0.99 books rang up as $0.10 items. When I went home I told Kerri, "Getting some books, even if they cost me $0.10 a piece and are out of date, is still a great investment." So, Sunday rolled around and I returned with family in tow. I filled up a grocery cart with, what I later learned to be 41 books, and headed to check out. At the check out the floor manager came up to me and said, "I've approved it with my manager, we're just going to give these to you. We're throwing them away tonight." Over $1,500 worth of books for the price of gas to the store.

The other Steele...Will

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I hope that Page isn't really reading "Hack Proofing"

steele family said...

Lol, those are books Will got for FREE at computer store that was cleaning out their book section for the newest versions. He was supposed to explain the story, but you can see what he did .

steele family said...

That is not true. I'm secretly teaching Page network security. I think any girl as cute as Page needs to have skills to protect her computer from intrusion...I mean, who wouldn't want to steal her pictures?!

Will