Monday, September 11, 2006

Doctor, Doctor





Where do I begin? Sunday night we decided to bring Emma to the E.R. After all of those falls we were a little worried that she had been falling all day and started walking into walls. She also was leaning to the left a lot and it looked a little weird. I got there around 8:00 and waited for an hour in the waiting room. We ended up seeing the same doctor that saw Page when we went to the E.R. for her tummy ache. He checked her ears for an infection and decided on a CAT scan. They found something on the scan but could not determine if it was a groove for a vein or a skull fracture. Since she had not been vomiting and was drinking fine they decided to let us go around 11:00. Emma was such a trooper the whole night. I watched her closely today and really think she is getting better. She still isn't back to normal, but she is definitely better.
Today we were off to the allergist for skin tests. They all came back negative and she was officially diagnosed with food intolerance. She is not allergic to anything, she just can't tolerate them. It doesn't make my life any easier but the good news is that she will definitely grow out of it by the age of 5. We were instructed to introduce soy milk and see how she does. If she doesn't tolerate it well we can go to rice milk and try again in 3 months. If we do go with rice milk we will see a nutritionist to make sure she is getting what she needs. Page got to play at Abby's house while Emma and I went to the allergist. It makes such a difference not having 2 kids to entertain for those long doctor's visits in the small rooms. Abby's mom, Alyson, even fixed dinner for us so that I wouldn't have to cook when I got home. She is so sweet and I am so thankful to have made a friend like that here. Page had a great time and Emma was again, such a trooper! We now have to make an appointment for Emma's 1 year check up because her pediatrician wanted to wait until we found out about the allergies to do the shots. I am going to try one of the new pediatricians I am looking at because I don't plan on going back to her current pediatrician.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Boy! Emma has been keeping you busy! So happy you have found a great friend to lean on... it's so important being so far away... your TX family. =)

Adrienne said...

Wow! Sounds like a very eventful couple of days. I'm glad Emma is better. I hope the new food introductions work out well for her too.

Sherry said...

Good luck, Kerri - keep me posted!