Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dallas World Aquarium






Page woke up bright and early this morning, 5:45 a.m. We had breakfast and started to get ready for the day. We wanted to go to the zoo, but rain was threatened so we headed to the aquarium instead. We had so much fun! Emma was very excited and Page was running all around from one exhibit to the next. Page's favorite was the flamingo pond. She kept saying "them so pretty." Emma loved everything. The picture above is of her looking at the penguins with great intensity. It was so much fun to see the girls enjoying the animals. The trip was not complete without a stop at the gift shop so that Maw Maw and Paw Paw could buy the girls some toys. Emma got a pink flamingo and Page picked out a very large green rubber snake. Don't ask. We returned home to have lunch and take naps. After nap time Maw Maw and Page made cookies and played for a while. Paw Paw got some kisses from Emma which are very hard to come by unless you are Page. Maw Maw got some hugs and they had to say goodbye. It was a very short trip but so good to see my parents. Thank you so much for the weekend, we enjoyed having you over so much!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

You look great Kerri! I think that's the first pic of you I've seen on here...
Looks like a great day! I don't know why kids always go for those nasty snake toys... but they love 'em??? lol

steele family said...

Thanks, I just don't get in many pics because I am the one taking them!

Sherry said...

Me too, Kerri! You do look great. You have a beautiful family. Your girls always look so happy! I can only imagine about the snake...Gavin picks out pink things sometimes....who knows?!

steele family said...

that is funny Sherry, Page has a cousin that does that too, but I think he has outgrwon it now. Strictly trains, trains, trains!