Friday, October 09, 2009

Miracles






First let me apologize for whining the other day. It was a rough day and after I published the post I looked at it and realized that I was being very whiny that day. I decided not to delete it because, after all, it is my blog and that is what I was feeling. I want to be real on my blog, so I left it up.

Now on to miracles! Will rides his bike to work every morning. This morning he had a PT appointment before work so he left pretty early to get there. He was hit by a car while crossing a very busy street. He fell off the bike and landed on his elbow and hip before skidding across the road on his bottom. I didn't post pictures of his back side, but there is no skin there. His shorts and underwear were shredded. We are so thankful that this is the only thing that happened. It could have been so much worse and he and I both know that the Lord was protecting him this morning. It is crazy to think about the things that could have happened, but didn't, because of God's protection on his life! He is hurting a good bit tonight, but doing really well. I still can't believe it.

Now, let me just say the man who hit him was nearly blind. He said that he just didn't see him! On his driver's license there was actually a restriction on him because of visual impairment. He pulled over, but then left because again, he didn't see anyone. Someone took down his license plate number and called 911. The police said it would be filed as a hit and run since he left the scene. But they found him shortly after the incident. I can't believe they give licenses to people that can't see. REALLY?! It makes me want to scream. If you can't see, you should be driving.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh My Goodness! I'm so glad that Will is alright. I agree, why is that person driving???

Bridget said...

Oh my! I'm glad Will is okay! I don't know how some people keep their licenses? I'd guess this guy's will be taken away... hopefully.

Curdie said...

Oh no, that could have been horrible!! I'm so sorry that Will is hurt.

Wow, I wonder if they are going to let that guy continue to drive.