Friday, October 30, 2009

Test Results

A few weeks back we had some more tests run on Liam for his food allergies. I was really hoping for some answers to help me control his hives, eczema, upset stomach and swelling. I was not prepared for what we found out. He was tested for 154 foods. The test came back with way more allergies than we know about. Here they are!

barley, corn, cucumber, currant, date, eggplant, garlic, grapefruit, lettuce, malt, cow's milk, goat's milk, millet, mustard, onion, orange, green pepper, red pepper, pimento, rice, rye, rape seed (canola), soy, thyme, tomato, wheat, watermelon, baker's yeast, brewer's yeast, all nuts except pecan.

The doctor is suspicious that he may have Candida because of the high volume of allergies he has. We are also considering testing for Chromes Disease and Celiac Disease. Regardless, it is overwhelming. We have had a rough week trying to figure out what to feed him and still keep his diet high in fat. Removing the goat products is really going to throw a wrench in his high fat diet. Also the removal of the canola oil will be difficult as well. But the hardest things are the wheat and rice removal. All wheat alternatives are rice based and that puts us in a real pickle!

My food blog will also be on hold while I deal with this. I know that God will use all of this for His purpose in my life and I am praying that I will be able to help others with their struggles once I figure out how to deal with them myself! I welcome any and all suggestions! I can hardly make sense of it all. My brain is fried. I do have lots of posts and pictures I want to put up, but they will have to wait until I get a hold on my life . . . again!

3 comments:

Joel, Melody, Grant, and Kate said...

Kerri! I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I just sent you an email...

Bridget said...

oh Kerri! what a curveball! I hope you get some helpful answers soon. Will be praying for y'all.

Anonymous said...

Kerri I will be praying for you, for little Liam, and for your family.