Happy Mother's Day! Thanks to my hubby for working to make my day so very special for me. It started with getting to sleep until 7:00 a.m. (That is a big deal around here!) The kids gave me a parade of presents and cards before breakfast. Will had taken them to the Dollar Store and let them pick anything they wanted for me. It was so fun to see what they had picked out. The list goes like this: a puzzle,picture frame, cookies, peanut butter cups, kitkat bar, 2 candles, box of granola bars, 2 bags of colorful straws,play checkbook, 10 packets of flower seeds, artificial tulips, roses, daisies and some flower I can't name. Will made coffee and oatmeal while I laid in bed playing with the kids and then we ate and got dressed for church. We went out for lunch and then headed home for naps. Unfortunately the kids had other plans. Will put Liam down and then took the girls fishing so that I could take a nap. about 15 minutes later I hear Liam on the monitor calling for me. I went to his room and found him on top of his changing table covered in Vaseline. He took down his shadow box with his coming home outfit, the walls, the clean clothes that I had not put away, the floor (I think he flung chunks of it around the room), stuffed animals, EVERY part of his body were all covered with it. In addition he had filled his diaper with something toxic that needed to be taken care of before I could drop him in a tub. It was horrible! He was very proud of himself, as you can see. It took a while to clean him and even longer to clean the room. Needless to say a little boy with no nap and a great deal of scrubbing made for a not so nice afternoon for the rest of us.



The girls did take a nap while we took turns cleaning. That was a treat :) Then it was time for dinner and a trip to the pharmacy. Will's throat was hurting him and nothing was helping and we had run out of the kids allergy medicine this morning too. So I went alone, which was nice. When I got back Liam was asleep and the girls were watching a movie with their daddy. The four of us crawled into my bed and read books until it was bed time.
I am so thankful to my husband for all the work he put into making the day so special and for my kids who gave me lots of love all day. Emma wished me "Happy Valentines Day" more times than I can count:) It was too cute. My husband and my kids made me feel very special and very loved. I couldn't ask for anything more. I hope all you moms had a wonderful day too. Here are the three most wonderful kiddos that make me a mom!!!


4 comments:
Oh my goodness, how did he even get in there? You must have a little monkey on your hands :-)
Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day! That post from your husband was so sweet!
It sounds like you had a mostly wonderful Mother's Day! I am glad to hear that your family made you feel as special as you are!!
Glad you got to enjoy most of your Mother's Day. It sounds quite special minus the vaseline. Yuk! I thought the flour Sims got everywhere one day was bad. I think vaseline must be the WORST! By the way, I love the gifts your kids picked out for you . . .sweet and interesting!
Post a Comment