Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Catching Up

Well, I have a little time to catch up since I am officially injured. I bent down to pick up Liam on Monday night and when I went to stand up my knee rebelled. I saw stars it hurt so bad. After a full night of rest, ice, compression and elevation I still couldn't bend or turn my knee. I went in to the dr. Tuesday morning and was told that my patella tendon was not in the right place. No wonder it hurt so much! I got a cortisone shot for the swelling, a knee brace and some pain meds. I had an MRI scheduled today, but I have canceled it. Things are looking and feeling much better today. I can walk and bend my knee with the brace on, although I still feel it catch when I try to turn too quickly. If it is not completely better in a week or two I will schedule the MRI again. I finally had a chance to catch up on every one's blogs with the down time I have had for the past two days. Sorry for the lack in posts and comments on all of your blogs. Life just gets busier and crazier around here every day.
Liam's check up was very exciting. He has made it to the charts again! He is 10% for weight and 25% for height. I almost started clapping I was so happy. We have worked so hard to get him to a normal weight and it finally feels like it is paying off. If only he would stop eating during the night I could really rejoice! lol! They checked his iron while we were there because anemia is very common in babies on goat's milk. he is on the low end of normal, so that was good news too. I can't get him to take the iron supplements and he had an allergic reaction to the molasses, so I was relieved to hear that he was fine.
Our house is coming together slowly but surely. I should have taken my mom's advice and just finished one room at a time, but I didn't. My entire house is under construction and I am going to loose it soon if I don't get some of it under control. I hope to have everything but the master bath finished by the end of this month. If the kids and I don't get sick again and my knee doesn't act up I think I can do it.

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

Oh No!!! That has to hurt. Hope it heals FAST!!!!!

Adrienne said...

A lot going on for you! First, I hope your knee does get better soon. I know it must be hard to run after the kids like that :)
Yea Liam!!! I'm so happy he's gaining weight so well.
Good Luck with your house. From the pics so far, it's going to be so nice. Can't wait to see it all done.

Michele said...

Great news about Liam, bad news about your knee!

I can't wait to see the final pics of the renovations!

Angelle Lowery said...

Hope you get better soon. Great news with Liam! Where are you guys moving?