Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sushi

Page's swallow test went well on Monday. There were no blockages and Page did so great! She was such a brave girl. I took her shoe shopping and got sushi for lunch after we were done. Sounds odd for a 4 year old, i know, but that is what she wanted. I get the California rolls for the kids and they LOVE them. After the kids and I eating 24 rolls I decided that I spend so much money on sushi that I should start making my own. Last night we went to the Hong Kong Market and bought everything we needed to make sushi, a lot of sushi! I will let you know how it goes, but I think it will be so fun for the girls and I to do together.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

That will be fun! When we were in Ithaca, friends of ours hosted a sushi party! Everyone came and made their own sushi roll. yummy!
Libby loves sushi too! So I don't think Page is odd at all! They will need to have a Fancy Nancy party with Sushi and parfaits. lol.

Adrienne said...

That sounds fun! I have never had sushi but want to try it. A lot of our friends like to go out to eat it. I just don't know what to order!! I don't want anything that is truly raw!

steele family said...

the California roll is the best place to start. there are tons of rolls that don't have anything raw in them.

Rachel/Josh said...

We love sushi and we make it ourselves. It is fun but be sure to have a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in when you are working with the rice.

NIKKI said...

I am glad her test went so well!