2 months ago
Friday, January 11, 2008
Losing Weight, Again!
Unfortunately, it is not me that is losing the weight. Liam is on the decline again. He lost 4 ounces in 1 week. As of today he weighs 13 pounds, 2 ounces. He is soooo skinny! He has only gained 8 ounces in the past 5 weeks. His blood pressure is pretty low too. Today it was 72/46 and he has only grown 1/2 inch in length the past 5 weeks. The GI doc suggested a medication to stimulate his appetite to see if we can get him to take in more calories. We are also going to try any food he will eat. I made chicken noodle soup this week so I took some of that and pureed it with olive oil and I made oatmeal loaded with brown sugar for lunch. (He loved the oatmeal of course!) Tonight he will get sweet potatoes pureed with goat's milk, maple syrup and cinnamon. If any of you have any suggestions on food for him PLEASE post. Keep in mind that he can't have dairy, soy, corn, egg, peas or fish so that narrows the menu a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Ack, it must be so frustrating. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.
I don't have any suggestions, but will keep praying.
Love, Laura
Oh Kerri! This must be so frustrating for you! Will he eat avocado? I really have no suggestions. Sorry! But I'm praying for him!
Bridget
I am really sorry to hear about all of this. I called my health nut friend to see if we could come up with some ideas for you! This is what we came up with:
Avacado's is a great food and high in fat. If he does not like the taste of it mash it up with a banana to sweeten it up.
Go nuts with the goat's milk stuff like the yogurt and cheese made from goat's milk.
Add flax oil to stuff like rice cereal or oatmeal after you have cooked it. It is loaded with the healthy fats to assist with brain development.
You can try almond butter on toast or in oatmeal. I would check with dr before adding this to his diet. Her and I both gave it to our kids before their first bdays.
Lastly use chicken broth instead of water to cook his whole grains such as rice cereal, rice or pasta.
I really hope this helps and I will definetly pray for you!!!!!!
Thanks so much! we have tried avocado before and he didn't like it, but I will try again mixed with something sweet. I have been using the chicken broth for the grains and he likes that. I haven't gotten the flax oil yet, but it is on my grocery list! As far as the goat's milk cheese and yogurt, I want to give the milk a week or two to make sure he handles it without problems before I add anything else, but I will add it if he does okay.
Thanks for the prayers, I know He is listening!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't really have any ideas either, but I'll keep thinking.
I'll keep you all in my prayers!
Post a Comment