Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm (now hold up four fingers on your hand)...for real


We got back a few days ago and I'm still not caught up on all that has happened in the blogosphere yet. Heck, I can hardly keep up when I'm home!

Here are some highlights from our trip. I'll probably post all the pictures and funny stories over the next few days.

Page has a theme these days. If the title of the post doesn't say it all, I don't know what to put. Every morning on our trip she would wake up and ask, "Am I four yet?" We would explain "Three more days...two more days...one more day" she would ask, "After this naptime?" Then, when the big day came, it took her a little while to wake up, but, once she did, she told everyone she came into contact with, four fingers raised proudly in the air, "I'm four", followed by a short pause. Then, in a high pitched squeal, "For real". Now everything Emma does is either "Too dangerous, too hard or too heavy...", get this, "because you're not four Emma."

Check out Page's four year picture. It came out great! She looks so grown up. Our friend Melody from church makes tutu's and she did this one for Page.

While at Will's mom's house we got sushi from a Chinese buffet one night. Page loves sushi and will stop eating just about anything to get a few pieces. Only, instead of calling it sushi, she calls it "sloo-she." She has called it slushi for months now. We forget to post about it but it's so funny.

Thanks to our family for helping us make it there and put up with our kids who make farm roosters look like slackers!

That reminds me. One of the first nights in Baton Rouge with Will's parents, his dad had to get up super-early (like 2am) to try and get everything done so he could spend time with the kids. Page and Emma had passed out in their bed. Shortly after he left Page woke up looking for him. She was up for the day. She proceeded to roam around the house from room to room waking people up to see who would get up with her.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy 4th birthday Page!
Gald y'all had a good holiday trip. Can't wait to see more pics.

Sherry said...

How funny! I hope that Page had a great 4th birthday! Glad you all had a nice trip :)

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday Page! I really like that picture. She looks so proud in her tutu. Glad you had a good trip. Happy New Year!

Bridget said...

Oh! Happy Birthday Page! What a beautiful portrait! She looks so grown up! ;)
Glad you had a nice visit and holiday. I cannot imagine traveling with three... we haven't tried 2 yet and are very nervous about it. lol.
Have a Happy New Year!!!!

Rachel/Josh said...

Welcome back!! Hope your new year if off to a good start.

Curdie said...

Hi there! Happy birthday to Page. She does look so grown up. I remember thinking four was the bomb.

I'm glad you had a good visit.

NIKKI said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL pic! :)

gina said...

Sounds like your kids have awesome grandparents, what a blessing!