Sunday, April 01, 2007

What A Day!



I promise to upload pictures from this weekend this week. We took so many pictures that it will take me an hour to go through all of them. The above pictures are ones that I had taken back in January and just recently got back due to some problems with development. They are Page's 3 year picture and Emma's 18 month picture. Next week we are going to take Easter pictures of the girls in the adorable dresses Nonna brought up on her visit.
Anyway, today was jam packed with activity! We managed to get our act together in time to make it to 8:30 service at church. We usually go to the 10:00 service because it just takes forever to get everyone fed and dressed. When we got home we planted the tomato plants and basil we had gotten yesterday at the nursery and had snack time outside. Will took the girls for a walk through the neighborhood while I cleaned the kitchen and made lunch. (Page walked our neighbor's dog while they were out. The pictures are adorable!) When they got back we loaded up the van again and headed to the local community college for a picnic and duck feeding. The girls had so much fun with the ducks, birds and squirrels that it was near impossible to get them to eat their own lunch. After about an hour we headed home for nap time. Emma fell asleep quickly, but Page refused to nap today. She did lay quietly in her bed and read books until nap time was over and I was thankful for that. Usually when she refused to nap it is a nightmare. After Emma woke up we had snack time again and then we headed to Sears to buy a new dish washer. Ours has not been working well for the past month or so and it finally broke yesterday. Will stayed home and cut the grass and trimmed the bushed while we were gone. Since we were out by the mall we headed to Target to get diapers for Emma and shorts for Page. She still fits in her 2T shorts, but they are VERY short on her long legs. By the time we got back it was time to make dinner. The girls played outside with Will finishing up the yard and going hunting for dogs while I cooked dinner. Then it was bath, a little Cinderella and bed! I am taking a break from ironing and then going to bed.
I am 28 weeks today and really feeling exhausted. I haven't slept well in a while due to some leg discomforts and a very active little boy. Heartburn has gotten a little worse and I am having bouts with Sciatica. I am, however, enjoying being pregnant and ever so grateful for a healthy baby boy who continues to grow stronger every day. I can't believe I am in the 3rd trimester already. These past 3 months have flown by! I was supposed to have my appointment tomorrow for the glucose test, but it got moved back to Thursday by my doctor. I will let you all know how that goes.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That was a busy day but sounds like a lot of fun! Don't push yourself too hard.

Bridget said...

Oh the girls look beautiful in their dresses!
Sounds like a busy, good day! Third trimester! Isnt' that amazing! It will fly, I'm sure! Hope you can get some rest!

Adrienne said...

Wow! That was a busy day. Definitely rest up. Liam will be here before you know it.

Sherry said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I would say to try and take it easy and rest, but I'm pretty sure Page and Emma have other plans :-)