My parents came to visit this weekend, and still I have no camera! They arrived Friday and left Sunday. Page was SOOOOOOOOO excited to see them. Emma warmed up quickly this time to my parents. It is so different for her because all she knows is weekend visits from grandparents; whereas Page had both sets of grandparents around all of the time and she misses them so much. Page gets so excited when they are coming and gets so upset when they leave. I think it is getting easier for her, but it still breaks my heart to see her sad. Anyway, we went to the zoo on Saturday morning. It was very cold! It was supposed to be in the 50's but it didn't get there until 4:00 in the afternoon. We were there at 9:00 in the morning and I think it was still in the 30's. They had a sign up saying that a lot of the animals would not be out due to the weather! They had pony rides which Page got very excited about until it was her turn to ride. She refused to go near the pony. Emma, however, rode the pony with no hesitation. She smiled so big as we cheered her on from the sidelines. It was precious. Page made the funniest comment to my mom Saturday night. She asked my mom if she had to potty at night. My mom told her that she went to the bathroom before she went to bed and woke up dry in the mornings. Page said, "wow, that is impressid (impressive)! Last night I found her in her bed taking off her diaper to put on panties. She has wanted to be dry when she wakes up in the morning for quite a while now, but she just can't seem to do it. Emma pretty much wanted my dad to hold her the entire time they were here. She really bonded with him this trip. She also started talking in sentences. She skipped the single words completely and started talking this week. She says things like "more syrup," "time out," "good job,"i want more." I am so excited at this new development. I was about to have her hearing checked because I knew she should have been talking by now. I guess she was just holding it in until she felt like doing it! That is definitely my Emma!
My mom took pictures and is going to send me a CD of the film so that I can post some. We still don't have a camera! ARGHHHH! By the way, I have another ultrasound Friday with Maternal Fetal Medicine so I get to see Liam again soon. I am really hoping they are going to tell me that the placenta previa has resolved itself. I am pretty sure from the rapid belly growth I have had this month that he is growing well!
2 months ago





3 comments:
Sounds fun! Nothing like having your mom in town!
Good luck at your next appointment! So exciting that you get to see your Liam again! I teared up at every u/s with Libby. Something else to see them while they're still in your belly!
I loved all the ultrasounds I got! I couldn't get enough of seeing Kaden. Good luck!
Sounds like everyone had a nice visit! Have fun at your ultrasound!
Post a Comment