Monday, August 10, 2009

Law of Entropy; 7 Years

I just read an article by Dr. Dobson that was so insightful that I wanted to share it with everyone. It is about how the Law of Entropy, which is the natural tendency of everything in the universe to move from order to disorder. I didn't really buy it until he further explained it with examples like that of a car deteriorating, our bodies aging, and houses needing to be repaired every few years. So, like these examples, it is with human relationships. This natural tendency is for husbands and wives to drift away from each other unless they work at staying together. He used the image of two boats in choppy waters trying to stay in the same general vicinity. Unless both boats paddled vigorously to stay together they would float in different directions. I thought this was such a clear way to think about how hard you have to work to keep a marriage from falling apart.

My marriage has been through some choppy waters: 5 miscarriages, 4 job changes, 4 houses, 3 cities and 3 amazing and active children. But I will say that I have an amazing husband who consistently works at bringing the two of us back together when the struggles of life have caused us to drift away from each other. I am so grateful for him and to God for giving me this man and for daily pouring out His grace beyond measure. Will and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary today and I thought this would be a great way to say "Happy Anniversary Will!" I love you and I can't believe it has only been 7 years. I feel like we have been together forever!!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats!! What a beautiful present for Will!

Bridget said...

Awww! Great post!

Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats on 7years!

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary!

Where can I find this article? Shane and I celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary in October, but it will make 7 years total that we've been together.

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Curdie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Rachel/Josh said...

I am so happy for you guys. Happy Anniversary!!

Will said...

Michele, we donate to In Touch Ministries and from that we receive a monthly magazine that has great articles about marriage, parenting and things like that.

Rodriguez_Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!