Liam turned 2 last Wednesday and I am just now getting around to putting up a post. Life has gone from busy to CRAZY! The day before his birthday he had an anaphylactic episode brought on by peanut butter. That led to lots of blood work, which we have now learned was useless, and 3 more doctor's appointments. He is fine now and I have an Epi Pen with me at all times. His check up on Friday of that same week showed that he had dropped from the 25% in weight to 4% and from 75% in height to 10%. His pediatrician thinks that we should consider him in failure to thrive again. I did not want to hear this! The good news is that his verbal, motor and social skills are that of a 3-4 year old and so we know that his brain is getting what it needs even though his body is not growing much. We went to see an allergist today and he said that the blood tests confirmed that he is allergic to all 11 nuts that were tested as well as cats, mold and dust mites. He said that we should not test any of the food allergies at home and to just avoid anything that triggers even the slightest reaction for now. We also have to count calories and increase fat in his diet over the next month. We are putting him back on the antihistamine that increased his appetite when he was a baby to see if that helps. It has been a long week and I am mentally exhausted after our appointment this morning. I will post pictures from his party when blogger starts working again. I can't get a single picture to upload.
2 months ago





6 comments:
Oh no, poor Liam! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that.
Happy 2nd Birthday to the "smart" birthday boy!
Happy Birthday Liam!
I hate that he had to go through all of that. I hope you find the answers you need.
Kerri! Where has the time gone??? You have such a big boy with spiky hair and everything! He is so cute. I'm so sorry to hear about everything with the peanut butter and testing but so glad that he is okay now!!!
Even though it was a stressful week, I'm proud of you. And you should be proud that your little boy is so intelligent! Way to go, Liam!!
I gotta admit, the spiky hair is cute.
ah, the spiky hair! What a cutie you have there.
I'm sorry about the allergies, though. How exhausting :(
Post a Comment